Monday 2 July 2018

CASE CLOSED

by Troy Southgate
June 28, 2018

I have finally received the proof I need to completely destroy the lie that I am, or have ever been, a 'neo-nazi,' 'neo-fascist' or 'racist'. The American academic, Ryan Shaffer, was kind enough to send me a copy of his Palgrave Macmillan book on post-war British Fascism, which includes a discussion of the 1980s National Front (NF) of which I was part some thirty years ago and more. Although the book is now priced in the region of £80 to £100 and aimed chiefly at university libraries, I have photographed some of the pages that refer to me directly. Page 130, for example, reveals that I was openly talking about "Nazi-type filth" as early as the mid-1980s when I first joined the organisation on account of its radical economic policies and that on account of "praising blacks" our group was being denounced as "communist" by the fascists that had been purged from our ranks. On Page 136, which deals with 1988, you can see that I was highlighting our links "with peoples of different races" and, on Page 137, promoting the political, social and economic ideas of Qathafi's Green Book. At the foot of Page 180 I am mentioned as being among the founders of the International Third Position (ITP) and, in the final sentence of Page 181 - continuing onto Page 182 - eventually condemning the ITP for being "fascist at its very core". In fact it was me who engineered a major split in their ranks and led 75% of the membership into the newly-formed English Nationalist Movement (ENM) in September 1992. The ENM itself was staunchly anti-fascist and promoted William Cobbett, Robert Owen, William Morris, Bob Blatchford and Otto Strasser. At the very bottom of Page 182 I am seen attacking Italian fascist Roberto Fiore for his notorious capitalist business activities. Contemporary National-Anarchism also gets a mention on Page 183, but not in the context of being 'fascistic' or 'neo-nazi'.

Finally, Ryan's book - and remember that it has been issued by one of the largest publishers in the world - seems very objective indeed and I am pleased to be able to present this information as a way of undermining the disgusting lies that have been said about me over the last four decades. I was, and shall remain, an anti-fascist.